This department is responsible for the scientific management of research programmes and for coordinating its actions and activities with the activities carried out by the other Sections of SERIDA.
- To assist the managing director in all those decisions concerning the department.
- To collaborate with the heads of the Technology and Service Department and the Administration and Support Department in those functions whose matters concern the research sections ascribed to their departments.
- To coordinate human resources and materials ascribed to the department together with section heads in order to achieve the assigned research and technology development objectives, as well as facilitating coordination with other sections of the Regional Service for Agri-food Research and Development .
- To formulate proposals for the department investment programme.
- Sistemas de Producción Animal
- Nutrición, Pastos y Forrajes
- Sanidad Animal
- Genética y Reproducción Animal
- Cultivos Hortofrutícolas y Forestales. Programa de Genética Vegetal
- Cultivos Hortofrutícolas y Forestales. Programa de Patologia Vegetal
- Cultivos Hortofrutícolas y Forestales. Programa Forestal
- Cultivos Hortofrutícolas y Forestales. Programa Fruticultura
- Tecnología de los Alimentos
Origen de los fondos de I+D+i.
Research projects constitute the basis for the execution of the SERIDA plan of action.
In order to carry out its R&D activity, SERIDA obtains funding from diverse sources: on the one hand, from the Regional Government of the Principality of Asturias, and, on the other, through calls for proposals from Regional and National R&D Plans and from the European Union. Financial institutions, such as the Rural Savings Banks of Asturias and Gijón, businesses and agents from the agri-food sector, through the corresponding research contracts, also participate in the financing of SERIDA programmes.